Friday, February 20, 2009

First Post

This blog is to introduce and describe the newest paintings by contemporary abstract artist, Devin Abrams. I will be posting regularly when a new piece is ready to be displayed. Also, I'm working on some future exhibitions, so news about where you can see my art in person will be posted here.

I'll be experimenting with my online presence in the coming months, and attempting to become highly visible in the search engine community. The blog is one of the main tools recommended by expert search engine optimizers, so I hope to keep this blog up to date and informative. By accurately describing my art and providing relevant keywords, I intend to connect and network with other artists and interested patrons of the arts. I'll be posting photos of new artwork and outlining their inspirations, influences, subject matter, and materials.

Contemporary Abstract Artist | Devin Abrams
New artwork by up and coming contemporary abstract expressionist New Orleans artist, Devin Abrams. Acrylic paintings on canvas, gallery wrapped on hand made canvas stretchers, consisting of softly rendered bright colors and strong flows of line and energy culminating in serendipitous detail. A cool original perspective on New Orleans art that forgoes carnival symbology for nonrepresentational abstractions in the spirit of contemporary New Orleans Art.

Please follow this blog for the most up to date news about original contemporary cool New Orleans abstract expressionist artist, Devin Abrams

1 comment:

  1. Devin, I lived in Louisiana for many years. I haven't heard much about the state of things there recently following Katrina. The city has been there a really long time and I know it will bounce back better than ever. I am interested in seeing more of your art. I may be interested in posting a piece on my website in the near future. The web site is still in the works. My organization, Sensational Arts USA, is primarily focused on the Southeastern United States including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia. Atlanta has a really great art community too and there is a small artists colony near where I live in Gulf Shores Alabama that has many artists, but unless they go on the Internet, the economy has kind of hit some of them pretty hard. We have some nice regional organizations that are non profit locally as well including the Bay Rivers Art Guild and a neat Gallery in Mobile called Studio 54.

    Right now I am looking for artists to feature and background information to unveil my new website and would love to include you, if you are interested. If not, then we can still keep in touch.

    Original Dawn

    ReplyDelete